How fun that you want to be involved in the introduction of 2022!
Below we’ve put together a short list with more information about the time it will take and what we feel is important. If you’re unsure of anything just let us know, we’re happy to answer any questions!
In several places we write that you should be prepared to spend a lot of time on the introduction. This is something we want people to keep in mind and be willing and excited to participate! It does not mean that everyone should participate in every event! Things can get in the way and everyone needs to rest.
- Education a couple of times during spring. You are also encouraged to hang out in your free time to establish familiarity within the group.
- The whole introduction! A lot of evenings and weekends.
- Be able to answer questions and provide information.
- Be there and try to make sure everyone feels welcome and makes new friends. It is important to be flexible and communicative with your fellow group mentors.
- Communicate with the other mentors in the group to make that there’s always mentors present and that everyone has time to rest every once in a while.
- Show that studying is important!
- Closer communication with the Fös
Mainly the same as group mentor but for an international group. It is extra important in these
- Introduce the international student to LTH, Lund and Sweden and make them feel part of the F guild.
- Education a couple of times during spring
- Building/rehearsing/whatever the mission is about from week 1 until it’s over. Usually weekend nights but it depends on how it goes.
Previous years the missions have been over about this time but that might change:
- End of week one: FlyING
- End of week two: Överfös obstacle course, cheer, soapbox car, balloon catapult, airband, regatta
- End of week three: Nollesexet and the Nollympiad
- Nollegasque: Revy and movie
It’s nice to meet the group after the missions are over as well.
This year we will have English-speaking mentors for the following two missions:
- The regatta: The mission group will build a themed boat over two weeks and then launch the boat on sjön Sjön during the regatta. The regatta is an event for all guilds, as each guild will have their own regatta mission group. During the regatta our mission group will attempt (and succeed) in destroying the other boats while protecting our own.
- the soapbox race: The mission group will build a themed soapbox, aka a gravity racer or lådbil in Swedish, which will then race against all the other guilds' soapboxes during an event in the Introduction.
- Try to get them to hang out with their mission group as well and get to know new friends there.
- Complete the “goal” of the assignment – for instance build a balloon catapult, put together a movie or whatever it might be.
- It’s fun if as many as possible participate! But at the same time a lot of people have to study so make sure that they're able to do that.
Which extrafös-positions are there and what do they mean?
Designfös: helps Designfös Linus with the design of the Nollnings-logo, patches and the Fös-outfits. Will mostly be needed during the spring and perhaps early summer.
Pimpfös: Helps with repainting the wall in the Hilbert room and the big logo outside MH. Pimpfös need to be in Lund in August as painting the wall takes some time, and will also work during the paint the logo-event of course.
Sewingfös: Helps the Fös with sewing their capes and outfits. Needed during spring and summer.
Stortorgsfös: In charge of organizing the Stortorgs sitting that takes place after the Nollning. This work will mostly take place after the Introduction, but there is an element of planning involved which can be done during spring or summer.
Campfös: In charge of the organization of the Camp. The campfös plan the camp during the spring, and need to be in Lund at least two weeks before the beginning of the Introduction for the final preparations.
Sitting-fös: Organizes some sittings during the Introduction. Will mostly work during the Introduction.
Study-fös: Helps out during study-nights if the mentees need help with their exercises. Needed from week 1 of the Introduction.
Food- and pub-fös: Helps out with the cooking/grilling of food during various activities. Will be needed from week 0, perhaps even week -1.
Movie fös: Helps out filming the introduction movie and the theme-reveal movie. The theme-reveal is filmed during spring, and the introduction movie in august.
To summarize when most of the work will take place:
Mainly during spring: Design, movie
Mainly during summer: Sewing, pimp, design, camp, movie (maybe a bit during spring, as well as week 0)
During the introduction: Food- and pub, study and sitting
The rest aren’t as strictly bound to a certain period. The can be planned a bit more freely but certain events are planned to certain dates.
- It varies between the different extra fös! But make sure to know what you’re signing up for and to be willing to spend as much time as it takes. If you have any specific questions, let us know!
- Good communication with the Fös and maybe some of the other extra fös.
If you have any questions you can send us an e-mail, we're happy to answer!
Hugs Föset 2022!